Wednesday 25 November 2009

White Lies - Nottingham










25/11/09

Best gig bar Linkin Park, they were amazing beyond belief.

Went with Lizzie to Rock City, never been there before and it's a nice venue. Waited half an hour to get in and managed to get front row again! The two support bands were actually really good. the first was Violens - they reminded me a little of Vampire Weekend mixed with Jack Penate. The lead singer was a bit of a perv and asked the girl by me if she wanted to meet later!

The second band Asobi Seksu were fronted by a tiny Chinese woman who was badass. They were quite odd but overall we liked them alot.

Finally around 9 White Lies came on with Farewell to the Fairground. The crowd was amazing and was into every song they played. Harry's voice is so gorgeous, he looked at me LOADS which made my night as i was singing along to everything. They did a Talking Heads cover which was cool, Harry looked at me as if to say WOW YOU DONT KNOW THE WORDS TO THIS!?!? I later got kicked in the head about 8 times by crowd surfers, and my ribs are bruised to shit - totally worth it though. They have defintely improved with playing as Harry wasn't as shy as he was the first time we saw them play. It was an intense gig as everyone was so into the music and Harry seemed to look at us all really intently. Best songs were The Price Of Love and Unfinished business.

I need to see them play again!

No comments: